Friday, July 6, 2012

From the Field: Reece Report

A new and exciting mini-feature has popped on my to-do list this week. One of our family members, Devin Reece, was invited to join the USA Football National Team this summer. He was actually travelling down to the camp yesterday (I talked to him in the car) and had his first practice today. Coach Gilbert contacted me and wanted to do a "Reece Report," chronicling this unique experience.

I have to admit, I didn't know much about this camp when Coach first called me. I took to the Internet to try and educate myself. You can find the website here. In particular, the Team USA stuff is here. I'm told Devin will be participating as part of the Under 17 International Development Week.

The Team USA football program was created as part of the NFL and NFLPA. They bring top talent from across the nation and coordinate internationally to promote the sport of football. It's a pretty unique program, and really cool that a Shamrock was invited to attend. I believe the saying "once in a lifetime" applies here.

As such, we wanted to share as much of the experience as we can with other players, family, and fans through our blog. We're hoping to be able to pass on some pictures and first hand reflections from Devin. The U-17 week spans July 6th though the 12th. The rough schedule can be found on page 11 of the brochure.

We love to highlight our players, and I've created the "From the Field" tag as a way of organizing player reflections. Specifically, we'll call this series the Reece Report. Stay tuned for more as I hear from our Rock on the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment