Friday, December 2, 2011

Strength and Conditioning

I have served as a strength and conditioning coach for the past eleven years, on both the high school and college levels. I spend countless hours studying the body. We accomplished a lot with the teams I've been involved with. That being said, I can't possibly explain how impressed I've been with Coach Hammer's workout. Our players are being trained to be functional athletes, not just lifters. This workout will help all of our players, regardless of their size, position, or other sports.

We have a long way to go physically. We are not nearly strong or fast enough to win the State Championship. However, this I know: We have a tremendous facility for our kids to workout in. We have a dedicated staff, willing to push our guys. We have the best strength coach in the state. Now we just have to see if our players have the commitment, dedication, and desire to put in the effort that its going to take to get there.

-Coach Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment