Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

And we're back! We'll kick this year off with a message from Coach Gilbert...

Happy New Year's everyone. I wonder what resolutions our players are making. Its time to forget the past and set some worthy goals for the future. If you don't have goals, you have no direction. Without a clear direction, you go nowhere in life.

 As for me, for 2012 I resolve to:

  1. Spend more quality time with my sons, 
  2. Improve my prayer life, and 
  3. Make a difference on a bigger scale at Westfield. 

 A few tips for setting New Year's resolutions:

  1. Seek to glorify God and serve others. 
  2. Stay positive and patient, knowing that its a process, not a one time payment. 
  3. Use something to help you think about your resolution every day. Have a friend remind you, post your goals on your mirror, memorize a scripture, etc. 
  4. Keep fighting and never quit! 

 "Press on towards the goal" - Phil 3:14

No comments:

Post a Comment